Saturday, June 22, 2013

Antique Ironstone Collection



 
 
  
 




 


 
 
 
 
 
A FRESH START
 
A huge thank you for all of the kind comments, emails, and encouraging questions about when, or if, I would ever start blogging again. Truth be told, I wasn't sure... I started this blog several years ago just after my husband and I moved to Nebraska, mostly so that I would have a way to show my mom and sister, who were almost 1000 miles away in Ohio, what our house looked like and what I was up to way out "west". Over the last two years though, I've been pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the fact that many of you have tagged along quite faithfully as well, from all corners of the world. Thank you.
 
But this winter a lovely thing happened... We moved back to Ohio.
 
And suddenly blogging took a break while we packed up, found a place to live, unpacked, settled in, and caught up on over two years of girls days out, nieces' and nephews' birthday parties, lazy back porch sitting at the in-laws, and Sunday lunches after church with my family. It has been a blessing.
 
But don't worry... I'll still touch base with you every now and then.
 
Let's just be honest, I've never been very good at blogging on a regular schedule. Putting together a beautiful, interesting, and coherent blog post often takes me hours, usually over the course of several days. I'm serious, sometimes even deciding on a caption for my Instagram pictures takes me several drafts and the characteristic undue agony of a perfectionist. (By the way, I've come to sort of love Instagram, and I post snapshots there fairly often... I'm "froggoestomarket" if you care to follow along!)
 
So, I hope you'll allow me to keep this blog going sporadically, and share bits and pieces of my home and antiquing adventures when I can, even though it won't be every week or even every month. I've added links at the top of the blog so you can easily find me on Etsy, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook as well. And while I may not have as much to say on the blog, going forward I'd like to do better at responding to your kind words and questions in the comments section when I do post, so please feel free to write!
 
Thanks again for hanging around :)
 
 

24 comments:

  1. happy to see you are happy and the few images shown here were wonderful. that ironstone is fantastic. i think people that you want to follow along on blogs don't care how often you post, they are there for the amazing content when it comes out, not the fluffer daily posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie! The cool thing about a blog is that it is yours, and you can do what you want!! Glad to see you back, and look forward to your posts!!
    Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
    Blessings
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of a fabulous collection. Very inspiring - going to follow on Instagram as well.
    All best,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis! I follow your beautiful Pinterest boards and always love your style :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on moving back home! It must be so nice to live near family again! I have always been such a fan of your style and really hope you keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are back! Don't worry about blogging on a schedule- just blog when you want to and when it feels right. I have missed seeing your beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellie I just sent you an email and then I was on my blog and saw you pop up on my blog list!! So glad to see you post again :)) I too have a hard time keeping up with posting...it is a lot of work! We are glad to hear from you anytime you are able to fit in a post!

    How nice that you got to move back home!!!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I am love, love, loving my soaps and shea butter cream!! :)

    xo

    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I had several new people within the last couple days (you included!) drop me sweet little notes about just discovering my blog, so it was a good motivation to jump back into it :) (So glad to hear you liked the soaps!!)

      Delete
  7. Hi there, I have had your blog on my sidebar forever! I kept it there even after like 7 months. So its not going anywhere. Love love love ironstone. Following on instagram and will head to facebook now! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! That's encouraging to hear, especially after 7 months of inactivity :) Thanks for hanging in there with me!

      Delete
  8. So nice to see you surface again! Your ironstone is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellie!
    So glad to see you back, I too have been following and did not give up on you! I think your pictures are wonderful, your style is inspiring and your Etsy shop with vintage goodies and handmade soaps is one of my favorites! Cherish your time with family!
    Cheers, Jill-Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo happy to see this post! Although we miss you here in Nebraska, so happy that you are back home and close to family...where you can make occasions like dinners, birthday parties, shopping and time on the porch every day occurrences...there truly is no place like home! Hope to follow on Instagram, I'm still getting used to my new smart(er than I am sometimes) phone and all the fun things I can do on it! Look forward to seeing your Ohio home! C: Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that you are back! Your photos are beautiful
    and I love your ironstone...beautiful centerpiece on your table!
    Your decorating is beautiful...I have always enjoyed visiting your
    blog...it has always been truly warm and inspiring, Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow so beautiful, I love love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear things are good--I was worried about you. Sorry you left NE (my state), but I know how important family ties are, and I'm sure it feels good to be "home". Look forward to seeing your future "finds" and your house...it's always been an inspiration to me. Happy summer...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently stumbled across your site and think it's adorable. I am a Nebraska girl myself currently living in Pennsylvania for graduate school. I know how it is to be away from family. I am an archaeology student so I appreciate your love of antiques and ironstone ceramics. When I find them, however, they are usually broken and weathered but still so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ellie! I found your blog through Posie Gets Cozy, and I love it! Such a beautiful and peaceful little place. We just moved from Texas to Colorado this last month, and I started a small blog to keep friends and family up on our happenings. I have added you to my favorites list. Hope you are enjoying being "home"!
    thingsherelately.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to hear from you again and glad that you are happy with your move. Will pop in from time to time and see if you have posted or not, I always love seeing what you do in your home, it's given me lots of inspiration.
    Take care ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your collections and the way they are carefully placed. We have a lot in common. I am an antique dealer/collector and love primitives and ironstone. Like you, my blog has -sadly enough- been on the back burner. Just TOO busy with life and work...have three stores to sell my things at.

    Look forward to future posts!!!

    Becky
    California

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just want to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.
    Also visit my web Blog;
    http://www.in2tainment.com/
    http://moviemaza.info/
    http://myonlinefilez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone loves your blog post.. excellent colors & concept. Cardsharing Server Performed you actually design and style this amazing site oneself as well as performed you hire an attorney to accomplish it for yourself? Plz answer seeing that I!|m trying to style and design my own, personal weblog as well as would like to understand where by you bought this particular via. thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...